Instagram

Sunday 11 June 2017

May Wrap Up

Guys guys guys ! It has finally happened ! I have finished Uni ! My three years are up and that makes me super happy. My final exams were pretty difficult and not really what I wanted but ah well I'm finished and that's all that matters. During my exams I didn't read anything, but I managed to read two books at the start of the month. I'm so excited to see what summer will bring and to just have a super chilled couple of months before I start looking for work and entering the ‘real’ world. Luckily for me I will still have my books for escapism should the ‘real’ world get too real.

Crooked Kingdom – Leigh Bardugo
I don't know how it's possible, but this book was better than the first. I adored this book. I feel really bad for this book because I don't really remember what happened, my mind has been preoccupied with the second book I read (you'll see why). But like literally, I loved this book. It was simply incredible. The storylines are amazing, I just get sucked into this world and I don't want to leave ! My main question is, is Leigh herself a master criminal because how does she come up with these ideas ?! I honestly just love this group of outcasts, I wish there was more to read. The ending tied everything up nicely, it just made me super happy. The main arcs to this story are redemption and revenge. After escaping the ice court, Kaz and the gang have been played, Inej has been taken and something is brewing on the streets on Ketterdam. Once again my ladies were on fire ! Inej is simply incredible, what she does to Pekka at the end ! I want to be her. And Nina, finally embracing her changed power. I prefer the new side of her Grisha abilities, it's creepy cool. Also a shoutout must go to Jesper, the character development has been huge and I love it. And coming to terms with the fact that he is a Grisha, and at the end when he's living with Wylan, I just can't take it it's so cute and perfect ! Simply put, this book is amazing, everyone go read it. Even though I want more, I'm not sad it's over because the ending was so perfect.
My Book Rating – 5*

A Court of Wings and Ruin – Sarah J. Maas
Oh my god this book. I was hooked from the start. Yes I did have some issues with it, but they are minor in comparison to how much I enjoyed it overall. What I liked least about this book was the end. Now I am all about the endings in books, if a book is amazing but the ending is poo I won't like the book as much and that is just that. This book had been building and building up to this great battle, and it just ended and they went home. I felt like it was a bit anticlimactic. I also don't like how that's the end of their story but there's more books. I'm fine with getting more books, but I just don't think the end of their story was wrapped up as much as I wanted it to be. Enough with that, now onto the things that I loved. I really appreciated Amren more in this book, she had a much greater story arc and I even found her funny. To be honest, I love all the characters in the inner circle, we get to see so much more of them and grow to love them (especially Azriel he so cool). I enjoyed seeing Feyres sisters more in this book. I'm not a big fan of Elain, Nesta is definitely my favourite sister. I do wish she'd done more with her fae power though, I was just waiting and waiting for it to happen but it didn't (sad times for me). This book was mostly politics and meetings and I didn't really care about it that much but I liked being introduced to all these new characters. I absolutely loved the secondary characters in this book that made small appearances, the Bone Carver, the Weaver, the Suriel, whatever that is in the library I can't remember (it was Bryaxis I just looked it up). It just made me so happy reading them in the story again. Also that library scene was a gooden. And finally, Feyre and Rhysand, they are just so great and if anything bad happens to them in the other books I will be fuming. That is all.
My Book Rating – 4*

I loved reading both these books, and thinking about them got me through my exams (that and teen titans of course). I am just so happy that summer is finally here. I can't wait to see what I read !
TTFN






No comments:

Post a Comment