Instagram

Friday 12 May 2017

April Wrap Up

Ah man what a month ! Its been a bit of a weird month for me, I feel like its lasted ages. Thinking back I actually did quite a lot. And it was Easter so I had lots of chocolate, and I still have lots of chocolate.

I've been trying to write this post for days, but whenever I look at that blank document I can't seem to form what I want to say. I think with everything that’s going on, my mind is just so crazy hectic my ability to write has become diminished. I still love reading, but forming a coherent thought afterwards is becoming difficult, especially putting that thought onto the page. But here we are 12 days later and I'm finally able to write. I did just watch the Riverdale finale and my adrenaline is rushing from what I just witnessed so maybe that is helping (I can't believe what my eyes just witnessed and I've got to wait till season 2 to get it solved!)

So anyways you know where I was saying I still love reading, I didn’t actually read any books in April … I did manage to sneak in a graphic novel right at the end of the month so all is well. I know, if you don’t manage to read a book in a month it doesn’t mean you love reading any less, I just have a personal target to read a book every month and if it's more then it’s a happy bonus!

Harley Quinn Volume 1: Die Laughing - Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti
Firstly, the stories in this are super random. The first one was a zombie storyline and another was a punk band story arc. I can't remember if they actually linked, I want to say they did, I know some parts of the stories matched up. I really enjoyed the artwork and even though the stories were weird I liked them. The only problem I had with it was that I just found it a bit meh, like I can't really remember the details of the stories. Which is a shame because I love Harley Quinn. I love her look in this graphic novel. Oh wait! I also loved the little backstory stuff and the tiny postal arc in there. I would carry on reading just because I love the character so much.
My Book Rating - 3*

Since May is my final month at uni it is exam season! Luckily I've already read two books this month and I don't think I'll be reading anymore this month until all my exams are finished. So you'll have to wait and see what I've read!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment