Instagram

Monday 2 January 2017

December Wrap Up

The new year has arrived ! Hello 2017 ! I'm not really a big fan of  January, got to wait ages for all the good stuff again. I did however have the best New Year's Eve ever thanks to Hen Pen. Now it's January, mum is taking the Christmas decorations down which means it's officially over. December was actually a good month for me, in all aspects overall. I managed to read 3 books which was unexpected, and of course Christmas and my birthday always brighten up the month. Back to it being sad and January, well it's not all sad I'm listening to the Moana soundtrack whilst writing this.

Short Stories from Hogwarts of Herosim, Hardship and Dangerous Hobbies - J.K Rowling
I read this straight after the other two but as it was at the very beginning of December it must go in a different wrap up. I think this was my favourite of the bunch and it was extra reading on some of my favourite characters. I know I've said this basically for every one of these, but I really enjoy reading these and finding out more information about this world. I don't know how she does it new information just keeps coming to light, these little tidbits expand the universe and bulk it out in my brain and I just love it ! I haven't got the book with me but my favourite parts of this were learning about McGonagall's past and how Lupin become a werewolf. I wish there were more of these, but who knows maybe one day !
My Book Rating - 4*

Ceaseless - Abbi Glines
I had actually thought that I'd read this earlier but apparently not. This is the third book in the Existence trilogy. I had read the second one in January and it didn't really grab me, I just wanted to know how it all ends. I obviously wasn't that bothered since it took me twelve months to get there. This book is all about Pagan having to choose that she wants to stay with Dank aka Death as opposed to her souls mate that was created for her. So she forgets all about the events that happened in the previous books, and meets Dank for the first time again and he has to try and win her back. This is a romance series, so you can guess how it ends. I'm not really a big fan of any of the characters in this series and this probably didn't help my enjoyment of this series. I'm glad I've finished the series, but I don't think it'll be one that I reread.
My Book Rating - 3*

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay - J.K Rowling                                
I didn't think I'd get this book read this month, but whilst everyone else was watching Call The Midwife I thought why not. I read it in the space of that show so it's a super quick read. I think that I'd seen the film probably aided that speed, as I may have skim read some the background stuff. Like The Cursed Child it is a script so can take a bit of getting used to. The cover is beautifully designed and if you take off the sleeve there's a little Niffler which was by far my favourite animal. I don't think it's overly necessary to read this, but if you are a Harry Potter fan then it is a must for the collection. I can't wait to watch the film again, to see the others and watch this story develop. Newt Scamander is a great addition to the wizarding world, as well as all of his Fantastic Beasts of course !
My Book Rating - 4*

I can't wait to see what 2017 has to offer !
TTFN





No comments:

Post a Comment