Instagram

Saturday 4 June 2016

May Wrap Up

I'm finished for the Summer it's a miracle ! Fun fact, yesterday I man handled 100 worms as preparation for my project. I wouldn't recommend touching that many worms, it was a very odd experience, but you know science !
Anyways back to it being summer yay ! I plan to read lots. Let's take a look to see the progress I'm making ...


The Evolution of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin
I read the first book of this series over a year ago, so I was initially worried that I'd get lost in the plot. Fortunately that didn't happen, and I was immediately dragged back into this world. I really enjoy these books as they have a serious nature to them, but also a lightheartedness that makes them not too difficult to read. I found this book to be much creepier than the first book and tackled more real world issues. The thing I liked least about this book were probably the chapters centred around India. I mean, there was clearly a point to them I just didn't appreciate it. Once again the cover is beautiful and haunting, The perfect tone of the book. I look forward to reading the finale over summer (maybe).
My Book Rating  - 4*

Onyx - Jennifer L Armentrout
I'm a little upset by this book. Well upset is the wrong word to use, but in all honesty I just found it a bit boring. But maybe that's my own fault. Stuff happened but it really didn't blow me away, I just found it alright. I found the twists to be predictable which didn't help the cause. Katy actually got on my nerves in this book, and I found little in the way of character development. I think I'll carry on with the series because I like the concept and I feel like something big is going to happen. So I hope I'll enjoy the next instalment. As a final note, I really don't like these covers.
My Book Rating - 3*


Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock - Matthew Quick
This book was totally different from what I usually read, and I found it so enjoyable and interesting and unique. It dealt with a really serious topic, but it was interwoven so well with tidbits of humour and happiness. I especially liked the footnotes which went into more detail and backstory for certain points, it was a nice touch for the book. Leonard was a great protagonist and I found him so relatable. It's kind of difficult to put into words, but this book really affected me and I think it's one everyone should read.
My Book Rating - 4*
(Sadly as this book is not mine, I cannot show you the cover, but just know that it's nice)

3 books. Not bad going for exam season. It's only four days into June and I've already read a book, so lets see what this month has to offer !
TTFN


No comments:

Post a Comment