Instagram

Monday 11 January 2016

Best Books of 2015

2015 was not a great year for me reading wise. I didn't reach my Goodreads target, and the general lack of reading that has occurred since September. This year I am going to concentrate more on the reading of the books and less of the buying of books. Would you look at that, 11 days in and I haven't bought a book yet. Success !
In 2015, I only rated one book 5*. I must be a harsh marker, since going back over the list, I feel like I've read so many great books and these are my favourites in no particular order.

Never Never - Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher
This was a pretty short book that I read on my phone as it was the book of the week (I think). I hadn't heard anything about it, but I'd read books by colleen hoover before so I knew I'd like it. I loved the concept and it's insane that I haven't got around to reading the second one yet. Maybe it'll happen in 2016? Who knows !

Terminal - Kathy Reichs
This was the book that got the elusive five stars. It's the final book in the Viral series about teenagers who solve crimes/mysteries with the aid of their canine DNA. I love crime shows so this series was right up my street. As its the final book, I just liked the way that it was wrapped up and I'm upset that its ended and there's no more anticipation waiting for the next one !

Rebel Belle - Rachel Hawkins
Rebel Belle was one of those books that was just so easy to read. It was funny and had super short chapters. I love female characters that are able to kick butt, however annoying I may find their personality. It was a typical YA story so you can guess how it ends, but sometimes it's nice to read a story where you know what will happen.

Finding Audrey - Sophie Kinsella
I absolutely loved this book, it's nice to read a book by a British author as I don't really do it that often. I liked to be able to go 'I get that reference !'. I just found the main character to be really relatable and just loved the overall storyline.

Heir Of Fire - Sarah J Maas
I don't think there's much to say about this one. If you've read any of this series you know how amazing they are. Celaena is possibly one my favourite characters ever she is simply the best (so to speak). I don't wish I was her exactly, but I wish I was her. You know what  mean ! I may have skim read the chapters about Manon, but that was only because I was so invested in the other storyline. I may come to regret that when I read future books, but we shall see !

Until Friday Night  - Abbi Glines
I've never read a book by Abbi Glines, What's taken me so long ! Every so often I just love to read a contemporary and this one fit the bill perfectly. I just get so invested in the story I can't put the book down. I'll more than likely read it again, if I'm ever in a slump, which happens pretty often ! The story was good and the characters were well written.

So there we have it, my favourite books. In some ways it's good I didn't read that many, so it was easier to pick ! Here's to a more successful 2016 !

TTFN




No comments:

Post a Comment