Instagram

Monday 12 January 2015

Favourite books I read in 2014

Yes yes I'm late with this but we're only 12 days into a new year so it's not that bad is it ?
I read 38 books in 2014, I would've liked more but I fell into a bad slump and only read 4 books from October ! Fingers crossed for more this year.
The books I pick here are the favourites I read in 2014, so not necessarily came out in 2014. They are in no particular order.

Slammed by Colleen Hoover - This was the last book I read in 2014 and I loved it. It was my first Colleen Hoover book I shall certainly read more books by her. I am a sucker for a good contemporary and this did not disappoint.

The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey - I was pleasantly surprised by this book. It is much shorter than The Fifth Wave and not as much happens but what did happen I really enjoyed. It definitely didn't suffer from second book syndrome in my opinion and I cannot wait to see how this series ends.

Popular: Vintage Wisdom for a Modern Geek by Maya Van Wagenen - When I first heard about this book I just knew I had to read it. I read it whilst on holiday and it was an excellent beach read. The book really spoke volumes to me and making friends and trying to fit in at school. Would really recommend everyone to read this book.

Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi - What a conclusion ! I adored this book I just wish there was more. the character development in this book is just insane. I really don't have much to say except READ IT !

The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings - This was a turn for gory and boy did I love it. I flew through this book. I need to know what happens next !

Crown Of Midnight by Sarah J Maas - I am literally in love with Celaena she's such an awesome character ! Now I've not read Heir Of Fire yet, but if its anything like this one I'm sure it'll be fantastic.

City Of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare - Now this was obviously going to make the list.i absolutely loved how this book ended things and tied it all together. I went to a book signing shortly after getting this book and as its enormous I was just non stop reading till I finished it on time. This is one of my favourite series of all time and I cannot wait to get my hands on Lady Midnight !

Days Of Blood And Starlight by Laini Taylor - Holy Guacamole this book and just the series in general is incredible. The world building is fantastic and I don't usually read fantasy but i loved it. Can't wait to read Dreams of Gods and Monsters even though it is enormous !

These were all the books I rated 5* in 2014. Here are a few honourable mentions of books I really enjoyed but they didn't get the 5* rating;
Obsidian by Jennifer L Armentrout
Reboot by Amy Tintera
Looking For Alaska by John Green
Coldest Girl In Cold Town by Holly Black
Exposure by Kathy Reichs
Antigoddess by Kendare Blake

Tehe so many great books so little time ! Lets see what 2015 has to offer.
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment