Instagram

Wednesday 26 November 2014

Slammed - Colleen Hoover

When you read a book in one sitting, it's obvious that you liked it, and boy did I love this book.

Slammed is about Layken, a girl who moves from Texas after her dad's sudden death to Michigan. She is not happy about this until she meets her neighbour will whom she has an immediate attraction too and it seems the feeling is mutual. However a shocking revelation is revealed and threatens to tear them apart. Will they be able to overcome this obstacle or will they have to learn to live without each other.

The book is not too long and I did fly through it, however you really get sucked into the story and go on a journey with the characters which makes it seem much longer. Like I said I read this book in one sitting and that rarely happens. I just had to keep reading to find out what would happen to the characters, and I was not disappointed. I really did love this book. It really takes you on a roller coaster of emotions, I laughed and I cried.

Will and Layken are great characters that you can really connect to and this really adds to the enjoyment of reading this book. Something I like most when reading about older characters is that they don't seem to be written in such an angst y way. This really rings true with Will, who is 21 and looking after his brother is his main priority.

My favourite scenes in the book were the ending (of course!). Anything with Eddie in, she was such a great character who had experienced such sadness but she never let it bring her down. I also loved the scenes about the Halloween costume. It provided comic relief, when the story really needed it.

I was also really satisfied with the ending as well. It rally drew the story to a close nicely, you even get an epilogue and I'm always a fan of those.

After finishing this book you get a sneak preview of the sequel, Point Of Retreat. All I can say is that I definitely will be reading that, I look forward to reading more about all the characters.

My rating 5*
TTFN

PS Did some looking on goodreads and there's a book called This Girl which is Slammed from Will's point of view. Now I know not everyone is a fan of those but I certainly am and once again that is a book I will definitely be reading !



No comments:

Post a Comment