Instagram

Wednesday 22 November 2017

October Wrap Up

October Wrap Up

It’s November and you know what that means … it’s nearly Christmas ! Yay Christmas ! I’m so excited ! I know what you’re thinking, Molly this blog is incredibly late again. I’ve been super busy this month starting my first full time job. I forgot how much time I spend reading during the day that I can’t do anymore ! So I’m trying, but when I get in from work and done some bits and had dinner, I just want to chill. But anyways, back to it being nearly Christmas ! I’m buying presents as we speak which is also distracting me from writing this …

The Bell Jar – Sylvia Plath
This will be one of my quickest reviews ever as I really cannot remember much about this book. Even when I was reading it, I didn’t know the main characters name. That being said, I don’t think it’s actually said that much. So the book is essentially about a girls time in New York, it should be the best time ever, but for her it’s not going that way. I realise that’s not exactly a good description of the book, but honestly I really can’t remember. I did read it over a month ago! The book most reminded me of the Catcher In The Rye, a sad teenager spending time in the city not really doing anything. My biggest gripe is that to me the book seemed to be in two parts. The part in New York and the part where she has a complete break down. I was actually pretty confused to be honest, it was a sudden change and seemed somewhat disjointed from the rest of the book. I’m glad I read it as it’s a classic, and has been something I wanted to read for a while, but I don’t think it’ll be going on my favourites list.
My Book Rating – 3*

Turtles All Way Down – John Green
So this book got me all kinds of excited. Some of John Green’s books are my all time favourites, so I had high hopes. I even preordered it which I hardly ever do. This book is a bit of a mystery novel. The main character, Aza is on a mission to uncover the truth of the disappearance of the towns billionaire Russell Picket (who happens to be her old crushes dad). Aza, however is struggling to cope with her own internal spiralling of her thoughts. This leads her to have strained relationships with her family and friends. Will she solve the mystery, or will her own struggles prevent her from discovering truth? This book most reminded me of Paper Towns. The whole mystery/crush scenario. I did like Aza as a character, she was complex and interesting but very human. Her flaws were obvious and she struggled to deal with them at times. She tried to be better but ultimately she was unable to do so all the time. I really enjoyed her monologue at the end, and for me that was the best part of the whole book. It was sadly not very memorable, which is probably why I’m struggling to add much else. Overall it was a good novel but I prefer his other works.
My Book Rating – 3*

This is my shortest blog in a while, but I think next months one will be even shorter … I have just been so much busier than normal and just not in a reading mood. It makes me sad when I don’t read because there are so many I want to read ! Hopefully this is just a phase and will back reading lots soon. But until then
TTFN


No comments:

Post a Comment