Instagram

Tuesday 16 June 2015

Glass Houses - Rachel Caine

This review will be pretty short, as too be honest I don't really have that strong opinion of this book, it is just sort of meh in my mind.  I always find it upsetting when I don't enjoy a book as much as I'd like.

Glass houses is the first book in the Morganville Vampires series. which by the way is like 15 books long !

The book follows the main character Claire Danvers, as she tries to navigate first year of college (University for me) not only as a 16 year old but also in a town run by vampires ! She is almost instantly targeted by some mean girls who actually try to kill her because she corrected someone. Firstly what the hell that wouldn't happen, just leave Claire ! But no she decides to stay, it's almost like one of those memes; Everyone: Claire no, Claire: Claire yes.

So after receiving this threat to her life what does she do? move in with 3 people she doesn't know. as much as I like Eve, Shane and Michael, I just find it slightly odd.
Drama, romance and mishaps ensue and the gang and up trying to find a book that could hold all the answers to the strangeness of the town.

What I liked least about this book was that I found the first half of the book very slow, there wasn't much character development and I didn't find the storyline very dynamic. It is an interesting concept but I don't think the full potential was reached, maybe this is just because it is the first in a long series. However, as much as it's cheesy, I actually really quite liked the tag line.

Overall as much as I didn't think that much of the book, I would continue the series as I would like to see what happens next.

My Book Rating 3*
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment